Grizzly 3v3 Hockey League
This will be the most fun your hockey player will have all year, and they will not even know they are elevating their individual skills while having a blast.
3 v 3 on a smaller scale rink forces a whole new level of play by taking away time and space.
• Goalies love the fast style of play and average more than 50 shots each game
• Defensive players will stop odd man rushes while being quick and creative
• Offensive players must think fast and create plays before they are caught
• March 26-June 8, 2023 (Guaranteed 6 games)
• July 16-September 28, 2023 (Guaranteed 6 games)
Game Times: 5 Minute Warm-up | Three 20 Minute Periods | No Resurface
• Tuesdays/Thursdays 5:00pm, 6:30pm, 8:00pm
• Sundays 3:30pm, 5:00pm, 6:30pm, 8:00pm
• 11/01/22: Registration for Teams Open; requires a $50 deposit
• 02/27/23: Team Registration Deadline
• Teams will be notified once Player Registration opens and sent a link to pass along
• 03/07/23: Player Registration Deadline; $275 per player
• 03/14/23: First half of season schedule released
• 03/28/23: Games begin
• 07/05/23: Second half of season schedule released
• 07/18/23: Games begin
- Cottage Grove Ice Arena South Rink
- 8020 80th St. South, Cottage Grove, MN 55016
- Located on the Park High School Campus
A unique aspect of the Cottage Grove Ice Arena is the South Rink. The South Rink measures 130’ X 65’ and includes full boards with glass and proportionate dimensions to provide true flow of a hockey game using a reduced sized ice sheet. A venue sized for 3 v 3 hockey increases the player development and creates an exciting game environment.
Grizzly 3 v 3 League build teams to include 12 players: 11 skaters and 1 goalie. This ideal roster size can effectively cover player conflicts as they arise, yet still allows teams to maintain the posted schedule.
All Grizzly 3 v 3 League Games will be officiated by a USA Hockey Certified Referee.
One of the greatest features of the Grizzly League is that the game is the teacher. An adult must be present in each player box but it does not necessarily have to be a coach.
The league will follow most typical hockey game rules, except for penalties. The use of one or two (at the discretion of the referee) penalty shots will be the substitute for teams playing shorthanded when major or minor infractions occur in a game.
Team jerseys will be distributed the first night of league play.
Practicing games situation against players of similar skill is a major developmental benefit. Athletes need to be making plays against those with similar skill for effective individual techniques.
Teams will register and indicate team playing level; Squirt/U10, Peewee/U12 or Bantam/U15 (based on 2022-2023 season). Once player registration opens, players will indicate the current team level and birth year. A point system will then be curated to place a team in a group of teams with similar points. The goal for the Grizzlies 3 v 3 League is to provide unique developmental benefits for all players.
All games will be tracked and posted using league software. Opponents for the second half of the season may be regrouped based on outcomes in the first half of the season to challenge all players to progress and play at a higher level.
Additional questions: contact Jordan Hirman at email@example.com // 651-458-3415