Water Permits

Cottage Grove Fill Station

All Contractors must submit an annual Fill Station Application and pay an annual $50 permit fee. Permit Fees can be dropped off at Public Works or mailed (8635 West Pt Douglas Rd, Cottage Grove MN 55016). The Utility Supervisor and Director of Public Works have the right to refuse any application. Once the permit is approved the contractor is permitted to use the fill station for the season.

Fill Station Permit Application

Water Meter Hydrant Adaptor Rental

Contractors doing work within the City of Cottage Grove may have the option to access water through our hydrants.  This access must be approved by the Utility Supervisor and must be for work within Cottage Grove.  Unauthorized use of City hydrants is subject to a $700 fine.

Water Meter Reduced Pressure Backflow Zone Preventer

RPZ backflow devices must be inspected annually. Testing can only be completed by a plumber licensed by the State of Minnesota. All test results must be forwarded annually by April 15. Failure to submit the test may result in water service being discontinued.

RPZ Backflow Letter

RPZ Backflow Form