The Parks and Recreation Department is please to announce a new snowshoe rental program starting December 26, 2022. This rental system is located at Oakwood Park. 7851 Harkness Ave S, Cottage Grove, MN 55016
Please view the following resources for information on how to rent snowshoes, rules for renting and using snowshoes, and current weather conditions. Please contact the Recreation office at 651-458-3400 if equipment breaks during your rental or is in need of repair.
It is important to always walk on snow covered surfaces and avoid concrete, wood, or other obstacles that may damage the rental equipment.
- Registration Website
- Using the MSR Evo Trail Snowshoes Video
- Current Weather Conditions
- Recommended Clothing for Snowshoeing
- Rental Rules (PDF)
- At this time, each rental locker includes (2) pairs of 22 inch Evo Trail Snowshoes only. There are no poles included. Please supply your own poles if desired.
- It is recommended to have appropriate winter attire including waterproof boots, wool socks, hat, gloves, snow pants and a jacket.
Snowshoe Rental Tips
- Timeliness of accessing your rental locker is extremely important. You have a 10 minute window to access your snowshoe rental locker. That window starts 5 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- For example, for a noon rental you must open the locker between 11:55am and 12:05pm. Once the locker has been opened, you can return your equipment anytime up to 5 minutes prior to end of your rental period.
- For example, if your rental period ends at 2:00pm, you must have the locker opened by 1:55pm. 1:55pm-2:00pm is considered a maintenance period for you to organize and reposition the gear in the locker to prepare for the next rental.
- Never share your locker access with anyone else. You are responsible for the equipment in your locker during your time period.