Building Permits - Commercial Buildings
All fire suppression plans for fire sprinkler systems submitted for State projects, as defined in State Statute 326B.103, shall be reviewed by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry Construction Codes and Licensing Plan Review Division. All other fire suppression plans will be reviewed by Fire Protection Services, Inc. All fire alarm plans will be reviewed by Fire Life Safety Consulting. Plans and specs for all fire suppression and fire alarm projects must be submitted to the Cottage Grove Building Division.
All contractors conducting construction within the City of Cottage Grove are required to be licensed by City Code Chapter 9 section 3.9.2
Please contact the Building Division at 651-458-2804 for further information. (The City of Cottage Grove has not adopted State Building Code Chapter 1306.)
- City Fee Table
- Commercial Plan Review - Requirements and Details
- Commercial Plan Review - Tenant Buildout
- Commercial Plan Review - Tenant Remodel
- Electrical Permit Application
- HVAC Permit Application
- Metropolitan Council Sewer Availability Charge (SAC)
- Plumbing Permit Application
- RPZ Test Report Form (special water valve used mainly in commercial properties)
- Temporary Sign Permits
- MN Department of Health
Construction is allowed Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. For more information, see City Code Title 4-8-8: Construction, Excavation, Repair and Demolition Activities.